These questions are based off a video. You can find part 1 by following the link.
Let’s jump right into this!
14. How does it feel to interrupt me when I’m making a point during a meeting?
I try not to interrupt people, but depending on the circumstances, it might be necessary. You might have a question or need clarification on a point before moving on to the next.
We can probably all agree that unnecessarily interrupting anyone when they’re trying to speak is rude. This doesn’t just apply to women.
15. Why do you have to sit with your legs so wide open?
It’s comfortable. We have testicles that are sensitive and squishing our legs together can be uncomfortable.
Not sure why it much matters either. Feel free to sit as you wish.
16. Why are women perceived as the “weaker sex” even though we literally give birth to you?
Biology. On average, men are physically stronger than women. To say otherwise is to ignore reality.
For example: “But in one way, the sex difference is stark: Men are physically stronger than women, on average. A study in the Journal of Applied Physiology found that men had an average of 26 lbs. (12 kilograms) more skeletal muscle mass than women. Women also exhibited about 40 percent less upper-body strength and 33 percent less lower-body strength, on average, the study found.”
That doesn’t mean that some women can’t be stronger than some men, but on average this just isn’t the case.
17. Why is it so bad to show your emotions?
Yeah, I can agree with this one. I was taught from an early age that showing your emotions was weak. I think the societal norm that demands men not show emotion is likely damaging to men, and it’s an unrealistic expectation.
18. Why are you always trying to prove your masculinity to me?
Why do women try to prove their femininity to men?
I’m not 100% positive, since I’m not all that macho. However, I’m guessing that at least part of it is that women often like masculine men.
19. Why the fuck isn’t it ladylike to cuss?
I’m fine with cussing whether you’re a man or woman. Personally, I think there is a time and place for cussing no matter what sex you are.
20. When did words get genders?
Whenever we invented grammatical gender.
21. Why is it your first instinct to doubt women who have been sexually violated or raped?
I neither believe nor disbelieve. Our justice system is based on innocence until proven guilty.
If I accused you of molesting children or ax murdering people, should people automatically believe you’re guilty?
There are also plenty of examples of people falsely accusing others of rape. That’s why our justice system is built the way it is.
Now that doesn’t mean I don’t empathize with them or offer them help if I’m able.
22. Why do you assume a woman is angry because she’s on her period?
Why do some women believe the same thing?: “A Glamour magazine poll found that 58 per cent of women blamed their periods for their emotional outbursts.”
Personally, I don’t. I think women can control themselves just like any other human being, and PMS isn’t an excuse for acting badly.
23. Why do you think women who wear makeup are false advertising?
I don’t. I think they can wear makeup or not. I don’t give a flying crap.
24. Why isn’t it weird that there’s a bunch of old white men sitting in a room making legislation about what I can and can’t do with my body?
It is weird and I don’t think being a man or white means they’re unable to make good decisions concerning birth control and reproductive rights. There are plenty of young and old white men who are on your side on this one.
What does race have to do with it anyways? If it were a room of old brown men, would you feel more comfortable with their decisions?
Women can also run for election. In fact, there are more women than men in America so you’re at least partially responsible for this outcome.
25. Why are straight guys so obsessed with lesbians?
The same reason why many women like gay porn: “The truth is far more interesting. Because, while ‘lesbian porn’ has long done a roaring trade among straight men, it seems a growing number of women are turning to man-on-man action to get them going. Indeed, there’s an entire subculture of women who believe that, in the words of one online viewer, “there’s nothing better than watching two handsome guys f******.”
26. How does it feel to get kicked in the balls?
It hurts like hell.
27. Do you ever get tired of trying to be manly all the time?
Most of the time I don’t try. I don’t go around thinking ‘what would a man do in this situation’. I just am a man.
If you’re asking if whether upholding some of the gender stereotypes is annoying, I think I’ve already answered that elsewhere.
28. Why are you so afraid of gender equality?
I’m all for equality. I find that my idea of equality is radically different than other people sometimes. I don’t think equality means only looking at issues from a male or female perspective or that ignoring one sex in favor of the other is a good way of achieving equality.
29. Why do I deserve to be paid less than you?
30. In what world does 77 cents equal a dollar?
It doesn’t, but the wage gap has been refuted many, many times.
Even common sense refutes it. If companies – who have the sole purpose of making money – only had to pay women 77% of what a man makes, there would be no need to hire another man…ever.
31. In what world does 68 cents equal a dollar?
Same as above. Why is the number changing?
32. How is that fair?
We’ve already established it’s a myth.
33. Why are you intimidated by a woman who makes more money than you?
Go you! I’m fine with women making more than me. I’ve dated several women who did make more than me and it didn’t matter one whit. I don’t do my current job because I want to be rich. I do it because I think it’s important, and I enjoy it.
34. Why are opinionated women seen as bitches, when opinionated men are seen as bosses?
They’re not. They’re often seen as assholes or douche bags or told they’re mansplaining. It all depends how you deliver your opinion. That goes for men and women.
35. Why aren’t you speaking up when you hear your male friends behind closed doors make jokes that are offensive to women?
Are you seriously trying to convince me that women (or men) don’t make jokes at the expense of males?
Here’s an entire list of men jokes. Here’s an example to whet your appetite:
Q: What is the difference between a man and a vulture?
A: A vulture waits until you’re dead before ripping your heart out.
36. Why are you so afraid of recognizing your own privilege?
Why are you?
I’m thinking you’re a little more privileged than this guy. So am I. I have no problem recognizing that fact.
Phew. There’s the answers to all 36. Thanks for reading!