I was reading another blog yesterday (by Opinionated Man) that made me smile. It was about pet peeves or things that drive that person a bit crazy. I thought I’d construct my own just for the fun of it.
- When I order a take-out coffee and the person making it can’t even be bothered to stir it. The first gulp tastes like diesel fuel. Stop it already! If your job is to make coffee, make it right!
- Any sort of celebrity news. Honestly, I don’t give a flying crap about what the Royals are doing or what sort of nuttery Tom Cruise is up to. Don’t ask me whether I heard about the latest celebrity gossip either. Hell, I’d rather discuss almost any other topic.
- People who walk in busy areas (like malls) as if they own the place. No matter what is coming towards them, they refuse to even budge an inch from their trajectory.
- Overused puns. One pun I can handle but I recently played a game with a group of people and one guy made a pun almost every time he opened his pie-hole. By the end of the game, I wanted to put something sharp in my ears so I wouldn’t have to hear him any more.
- When I forget to put sugar in my own coffee and the first gulp tastes like diesel…fuel. Oh no! I’m worse than the person I talk about in #1. How…disappointing. I’m starting to see that my life may well revolve around coffee.
- Every time I see someone with their pants halfway down to their knees or their hat on at a weird angle. I guess I’m old but I want to pull their pants up…or chase them so I can see them fall and they can find out how impractical their choice of clothing is. I know, I’m an evil, evil man.
- When guys grunt at the gym. Work out in silence, man. I’m not talking about a low grunt escaping but the guy who grunts during every lift like he’s pushing out a fat turd. Yes dude, we all see you. Stop it already.
- Parents who don’t watch their kids. Or parents who do watch their kids but don’t say anything when their kids are doing something stupid. For example, the other day I saw one kid playing on a video game and another kid came over and started to tap the same screen instead of waiting their turn. The parent clearly saw their kid being a pain and didn’t say a word.
- People who take everything super serious. For example, the other day my dog farted loudly and my wife heard it. She said, ‘Dexter!’ and I shook my head and said, ‘This happens because his mommy-dog didn’t teach him any manners’. I guess she was in a bad mood because she gave me the stink eye as if I were seriously insulting her, when I was merely having a bit of fun…at her expense, of course. Sorry honey!
- Me. I annoy me sometimes. Like right now I’m writing this when I should be getting ready to head to the gym. I know I’m procrastinating but I keep doing it anyways. Tap, tap, tap goes the keys, while I concoct an excuse not to go.
But go I shall!
What are some of your pet peeves or things you hate? Feel free to concoct your own list or hit the comment section below and leave one or two of your own.
Thanks to OM for the inspiration.
*GC puts hat on sideways and throws away belt before waddling off into the sunset towards the gym*