The other day I received a message from one of the very first people I met here on WordPress saying she’d nominated me for an award.
Eyebrows elevated, heart racing, I sped over to her site (something you should do as well, dear reader) and saw that I wasn’t hallucinating. I really had been nominated. It wasn’t a joke.
Anyhow, I wanted to thank my e-friend (is that even a word?) for nominating me or for even thinking enough of my blog to consider nominating me at all.
All joking aside, I am deeply honored and thankful.
According to her post, there is a price to pay for this award, and so here are the nitty gritty rules:
1.Thank and link to the amazing person who nominated you.
2.List the rules and display the award.
3.Share seven facts about yourself.
4.Nominate 15 other amazing blogs and comment on their posts to let them know they have been nominated.
5.Proudly display the award logo on your blog and follow the blogger who nominated you
Seven deep facts about me
1. I have hamper issues. My wife thinks there is a force field around my clothes hamper that prevents the clothes from making it inside. Instead the clothes bounce off the force field and land on the floor around the basket, but never inside. Why dirty a perfectly clean hamper, I say?
Hi honey. May the force be with you?
2. I’ve watched Jerry McGuire way too many times. I’ve seen it more than any other movie, and get sucked into watching it yet again every time I see it on the TV.
Don’t judge me.
3. I’m deathly afraid of needles and don’t understand why everyone doesn’t share my irrational fear.
4. I love alien conspiracy theories or anything that has to do with the supernatural.
5. I look like a deranged Bambi when I roller blade. I don’t care. I do it anyways, despite the looks of contempt on the faces of anyone I may pass…or wobble beside…you get the point.
6. I’ve been told that I act a lot like Richard Castle from the series (wait for it) Castle.
Minus the boatloads of money, and dashing good looks, of course.
I’m not sure if it was meant as a compliment or not, but I’m including it anyways.
7. Smells I deem unsavory make me retch uncontrollably. I can handle sights, but smells will make me hurl.
So there you have my seven deep facts.
Last but certainly not least, I’m supposed to nominate 15 more blogs for the award. So in no particular order, here they are:
- Secular Chaplain: I follow his blog with great interest. He has some thought provoking posts and I enjoy his even-handedness when it comes to religion. Besides, everyone could use a little more ‘nature’ to brighten their day.
- Mindful Digressions: A rockin’ senior citizen with entertaining thoughts. His blog makes for great reading!
- My Eclectic Existence: She watches Transformers and X-Men. Nuff’ said. Check her out. Her blog is awesome.
- Terminal Cruise: Faith, history, opinions…this blog has a bit of everything. I love it!
- A Tale Unfolds: The author of this blog is hilarious. Be warned though, he does like soccer.
- Ramblings From Jewels: Thoughtful blog and delightful person. Her blog is well worth the follow.
- Russel and Pascal: I love the premise behind this blog – it’s two people; one an atheist and the other a Christian, who carry on a respectful dialogue with one another, exploring their belief/disbelief. It’s a great blog.
- Opinionated Duck: Cool name and a self-professed ” lover of all things geeky”. OD has a diverse blog that covers a range of topics.
- We’re All Mad Here: Awesome pictures, funny stories about her kids and dogs. That’s all you really need for an inspiring blog.
- Ramblings From A Mum: Great blog that is very inspiring in many different ways.
- Constant Consciousness: It seems we sometimes disagree on issues, but T.S always crafts thoughtful posts that draw you in.
- Amusing Nonsense: Well-written, thought provoking blog about de-converting from Christianity.
- Widow in Training: A blog about grief. If you’ve ever lost someone, I think you’ll immediately identify with the author who recently lost her husband.
- Humanist Human Being: The byline of his blog reads, ‘I am a moral human being. I value life’. Pretty inspiring all on its own and if you like examining scripture, it’s a great blog for you.
- Reagent Post: I recently discovered this blog and I enjoy reading it very much. Stop by. You won’t be disappointed.
So there you have it. Thank you very much for the nomination and I hope that everyone who reads this will check out the blogs I mentioned above.
If any of the people I nominated have already gotten this award, I apologize in advance. 🙂
You can always throw a X2 beside it or something. That’s the ticket!